Now that deBugged has moved home, its time to do some interior decoratingâ€¦
We’d love for you to design a banner that can be used on the Rentokil blog instead of the ‘Rentokil man’ (thanks for your exemplary service until now Mr Rentokil!). We really want you to get as creative as possible, but we do have a few guidelines that might help you along:
- the banner should contain a blog logo of some kind
- it should also contain the name of the blog: deBugged
- it should probably use the same colour scheme (there are more details on this below)
- …and we’d love it to contain a call-to-action to ‘find your local Rentokil website’ aka the one at the top right of the sidebar up/over here.
This is my entry: what do you think?*
If you’d like to know anything else about the competition, just comment on this post and I will do my best to answer.
Prizes – aha, the all important prizes…
Your design will become the banner for this blog and thus a very important part of the Rentokil brand online. You’ll also be the proud owner of a brand new iPod Touch. The winning designer will also feature in their very own blog post.
The two runners up will receive an iPod Shuffle and a shared post on the Rentokil blog.
We want to put all of the competition entries on our blog – but obviously this depends how many we get! The very least we’ll do is list all entrants with a link to the website they enter with.
- The logo must include the text deBugged
- Please send your jpeg to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you include your full name and email address plus your website if you are happy for us to link back to your site
- The closing date is 5pm GMT Monday 30th November 2009. Judging day will be December 3rd 8th and the winner and runners up will be notified straight after.
- Some technical info you may need:
Header dimensions: width x height, 984 x 180 pixels
Hex value of Rentokil red is: #EE2923
The image format should be a static high res JPEG
- We reserve the right to choose one outright winner and use the logo unreservedly and unashamedly anywhere on the blog. If we (sadly) don’t get a suitable winning entry, we will call off the competition and try again in the future and we will not use any submitted designs in any way, shape or form.
- Entries will be accepted from overseas, from amateur or professional designers, and individuals can enter the competition more than once. Offensive submissions will (obviously – duh!) be rejected. Rentokil Initial and Distilled employees CAN enter the competition – but sorry guys – you can’t win any of the iPods, now that just wouldn’t be fair.
- deBugged will acquire ownership of the winning logo by assignment of copyright, and the winning designer will disclaim any trademarks and without limitation all other rights related to the design. The designer also certifies that the logo is an original work and does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and does not violate any copyright.